I have spoken locally within Australia and on the international stage.
Topics I love to talk about and discuss include all things technical as well as leadership and the soft skills that have made me a more well rounded, confident person both in the workplace and personally.
Having been a software engineer for 16 years and now Head Geek, I can connect and engage with audiences in an authentic way because I’ve most likely been there before.
Public speaking events
Topics I have spoken about
Communicating anything to anyone
Everyone thinks they’re good at communication, but… have you communicated to your team in the past and it resulted in the opposite result? Do we know when you’re communicating badly? Do you know what to say and how to say it so that the other person takes the correct action?
- Learn two ways to communicate effectively and efficiently
- How to not suck at communication
- Get your message across in the right way, every time, and most importantly, how to get outcomes from your communication
My job as a software engineer is not to write code
Many software engineers are lead into the false assumption that we are hired to write code.
We are not hired to write code, we are hired to solve business problems.
My belief is through realising this, we can do our jobs better, add more value, feel more fulfilled and enjoy the process along the way.
- Find out what our ‘real’ job is meant to be
- What other value can I bring?
The Power of Saying "I Don't Know"
It’s something we all struggle with, admitting we don’t know something.
But I’m here to show you the power of saying “I don’t know” to people.
Saying “I don’t know” doesn’t have to be the end of a conversation, in fact, it can be the start of an entirely new, exciting conversation with learning opportunities for all parties.
- Why you should say I don’t know
- The effects of saying I don’t know
Having an effective understanding of how people think and act can ….
- How do people work?
- What to do to influence and motivate?
- Hear about the 5-Step People Problem Solving Framework to help you solve big and small problems, simple and complex issues and your own individual or group troubles
The Importance Of Coaching and Mentoring - Panel Discussion
This panel discussion gives you a taste of how coaches can transform you.
It’s always important that we invest in personal development and get ready for the future rather than just going with the flow.
- How can coaches help you?
- How do you find a coach?
- What to expect from coaching?
- Whose the right coach for you?