Past events and conferences
Andrew delivers engaging, inspiriting and though-provoking conversations and discussions
Andrew is very active within the technical community and has spoken, presented and ran workshops at conferences, events and meetups within Australia and on the international stage.,
He's also delivered many workshops with a special focus on technical leadership.
Past clients include Aus Post, REA Group, Reece, Toyota and Xero.
Topics that Andrew loves to talk about, discuss and teach include all things technical as well as leadership and the soft skills (communication, leadership, influencing, relationship and stakeholder management, self-development and presentation skills) that make you a more well rounded, confident technical leader.
Having been a software engineer for 16 years and now Head Geek, Andrew has the ability to connect and engage with audiences in an authentic way.
Public speaking engagements
How Andrew can help
Andrew is a passionate speaker with years of coding, consulting, leadership and coaching experience.Book Andrew
- Connect with your audience authentically.
- Teach a particular subject matter.
- Inspire and generate new conversations.
- Impart knowledge, insight and participate in q and a's.
Meetups, In-person and virtual events, and conferences
GROWING INTO TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
- Learn the skills you need to succeed in leadership
- Tips and tricks from the trenches of technical leadership
- The importance of coaching in technical leadership
COMMUNICATING ANYTHING TO ANYONE
- Learn new ways to communicate effectively and efficiently
- How to improve your communication
- Get your message across in the right way, every time, and most importantly, how to get outcomes from your communication
THE POWER OF SAYING “I DON'T KNOW”
Saying “I don't know” can be the start of an entirely new and exciting conversation with learning opportunities from both parties. Let me explain why:
- Why should I say “I don't know?”
- The effects of saying I don't know
MY JOB AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER IS NOT TO WRITE CODE
Through realising that many software engineers are not hired to write code but to solve business problems, we can do our jobs better, add more value, feel fulfilled and enjoy the process along the way.
- Find out what our 'real' job is meant to be
- What other value can I bring?
HOW TO GET HIRED ON LINKEDIN
Your LinkedIn profile can get you hired! Learn how from someone who has hired dozens of technical employees
- Find out how to stand out from the crowd
- Learn the importance of focussing on your impact and not your responsibilities
Having an effective understanding of how people think and act can really help you to shape your conversations, your suggestions and your proposals.
- How do people work? How can I influence and motivate?
- Hear about the 5-Step People Problem Solving Framework to help you solve big and small problems, simple and complex issues and your own individual and group issues
THE IMPORTANCE OF COACHING & MENTORING - PANEL DISCUSSION
It's important that we invest in our personal development and get ready for the future rather than just going with the flow.
Discover how coaching can transform you:
- How can coaches help you and how do you find a coach?
- What to expect from coaching